The first is Pokémon Typing Adventure for the Nintendo DS. The game was initially released in Japan last year under the name of Pokémon Battle & Get, but for obvious reasons, it wasn’t released elsewhere. Nintendo has now confirmed that the game will be coming, along with the keyboard peripheral, which will be compatible with other bluetooth connections.
Secondly, Nintendo confirmed that Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, which was also released in Japan last year, will be coming to 3DS owners late this year, one year after its initial release. It was only a matter of time until Nintendo announced the game for North America, Europe and Australia and at least we now know it will be coming.
Nintendo also announced that Fire Emblem 3DS will be coming, which we already knew thanks to Reggie spilling the beans during E3 this year. It won’t be released until early 2013 though. Also, Nintendo announced that Animal Crossing for the 3DS will be coming early 2013 as well, but like Fire Emblem, no trailer or official name was revealed.
Source: Nintendo of Europe
The console will be titled the 3DS XL and will be released in Red, Blue and Silver. It will be hitting stores on August 19th however, which is a bit disappointing since it will be released in Europe around the end of July.
[22.06.12 - 1:57pm]
During Nintendo of Japan’s recent direct broadcast, a new 3DS model was announced. The new 3DS will be titled the 3DS LL and will feature a much larger screen, and improved battery life. The system will, however, not come bundled with an AC adapter. This was a decision they announced that will reduce the cost of the upcoming console. It will be compatible with the DSi and 3DS adapter though.
The system will come in three colours, White, Red + Black and Silver + Black. Stay tuned to the Nintendo of Europe broadcast shortly to see information that is more relative to Australia.
Source: Nintendo of Japan
Okami is a vibrant game with a unique art style and the upgrade into HD will allow players to be immersed in a way that wasn’t possible before.
Nintendo of America has since announced that they will be streaming a North American specific Direct broadcast, alongside Nintendo of Europe and Nintendo of Japan. The broadcast will begin at 2:00pm AEST, at the same time as Nintendo of Europe’s broadcast. For us here in Australia, Nintendo of Europe’s broadcast will be the more accurate one to watch in relation to releases in Australia.
[21.06.2012 - 9:33pm]
Nintendo of Japan has announced that they will be streaming a new Direct Broadcast tomorrow at 12pm local time (1:00pm AEST). Nintendo of Europe has also announced that they will stream the direct broadcast in English at 5am local time (2:00pm AEST). Neither Nintendo of America or Nintendo of Australia have announced their own english translation stream at this time, but they may announce it shortly, as they have done this many times in the past. Stay tuned to the site to see what Nintendo reveals if you are unable to watch the broadcast tomorrow.
Stream the Nintendo of Japan broadcast HERE
Stream the Nintendo of Europe broadcast HERE
Stream the Nintendo of America broadcast HERE
Source: Nintendo of Japan
The leaked information suggests that the console will release for $299US and will be very focused on providing a multimedia experience for the living room environment.
This news should be taken lightly of course, as Microsoft has not confirmed any of the information revealed in the document, only saying that they do not comment on rumour or speculation. The original document has since been taken down.
Source: Nintendo of Australia
Source: Zelda Dungeon
Source: Indie Game: The Movie Website
Source: PlayStation Blog
Source: PlayStation Blog
Source: Nintendo All-Access E3
Never-Ending Adventure, Gundorada Workshop, Veniccio, Battle for the Future.
Released as Dark Cloud 2 in North America, Dark Chronicle is the sequel to Dark Cloud by Level-5 (White Knight Chronicles, Professor Layton). It is composed by Tomohito Nishiura, one of my personal favourite video game composers, who also worked on the soundtrack to Dark Cloud, Rogue Galaxy, White Knight Chronicles and the Professor layton Series. Nishiura has a distinct style that echoes through all he’s video game compositions.
The introduction song to Dark Chronicles is a perfect summary of the entire adventure thats experienced in the game. The song plays during the introduction video to the game and is a great away for players to get a sense of what the game is going to offer. Its a large, grand game with many locations and the introduction song helps sum up the entire experience.
One of the many locations in the game, Gundorada Workshop is a huge area with mechanical buildings and elevators. The OST version of the song is slightly different, with the In-Game song being a little more atmospheric. This version is the OST version.
Veniccio is a location in the game that is situated near a beach and has that distinct vibe to it. The track is slightly similar sounding to a track called ‘Queens’ from the original Dark Cloud and both locations have some similarities to them. Its an upbeat song with the emphasis on the rhythm guitar and the melodic woodwind instrument.
Battle for the Future
I chose a fourth track for this weeks VGM of the Week because the soundtrack to Dark Chronicle is very broad and has some really great tunes. Battle for the Future is one of the most powerful songs on the soundtrack and is played during many of the boss battles in the game. It is one of the stand out tracks.
Written by - Michael Villalon for ‘The VG Island’.
The movie will be released this year on Boxing Day, the 26th of December.
Out of our Microsoft E3 predictions, we did pretty good. Out of 13 predictions we were right about 6 of them. Firstly, they did show Halo 4 of course, but didn’t show Kinect integration. Although, Kinect integration will be available. Apart from that, most of it was rather straightforward.
Sony was next and out of 15 predictions, we guessed 6 again. No BioShock, no Gran Turismo, no The Last Guardian, no Final Fantasy and no Kingdom Hearts.
Lastly, Nintendo held their conference and out of 20 predictions, we guessed 9. During the conference a lot of focus was put on the Wii U and no brand new Nintendo games, apart from Pikmin 3 and Nintendo Land, were announced. None from Zelda, Donkey Kong, Metroid, F-Zero or Kirby.
We guessed 21 predictions correctly, out of 48. Roughly 40% success rate! Until next year!
- Miyamoto opens the show with a Pikmin reference. Pikmin 3 is revealed and Captain Olimer’s whereabouts remains a secret.
- Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Video and Youtube coming to Wii U.
- Wii U compatible with two GamePads.
- In-Depth video showcasing the Wii U GamePad is shown
- New Super Mario Brothers Mii is renamed New Super Mario Brothers U. Gameplay is shown.
- Batman Arkham City: Armoured Edition announced for Wii U. Will utilise the GamePad.
- Scribblenauts Unlimited revealed for the Wii U.
- Wii U Showcase: Darksiders 2, Mass Effect 3, Tank! Tank! Tank!, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Trine 2: Directors Cut, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge, Aliens Colonial Marines.
- Wii Fit U is revealed.
- SiNG (Working Title) announced for Wii U.
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 for 3DS footage shown.
- Paper Mario: Sticker Star trailer is shown for 3DS. Coming holiday 2012, digital download will be available as well
- Luigi’s Mansion 2 renamed Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon. Trailer is shown. Coming Holiday 2012.
- 3DS Showcase: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate, Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance.
- LEGO City Undercover coming to Wii U. 3DS version also coming.
- Just Dance 4 is demoed live for Wii U.
- ZombiU is shown, same Ubisoft Wii U showcase is shown that was present at the Ubisoft Conference.
- Nintendo Land is revealed. Virtual theme park game for Wii U. Each attraction is based off a Nintendo franchise, such as the Legend of Zelda, Luigis Mansion and Donkey Kong. Works as a Wii U tutorial-like game that shows you how the Wii U’s gamePad works and will be a launch game.
You can watch the entire Nintendo Press Conference below.
- New IP from developers Quantic Dream revealed. Titled Beyond Two Souls and actress Ellen Page will play the protagonist. Trailer shown.
- PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale trailer shown. Coming to Vita as well with cross-compatibility. Can play in the same match with the Playstation 3 and Vita at the same time.
- Two new characters revealed for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. Nathan Drake and Big Daddy from BioShock. Coming holiday 2012.
- One year free PlayStation Plus given to entire audience.
- PsOne Classics coming to Vita
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified announced for Vita, no trailer.
- Assassins Creed III: Liberation announced for Vita with a short trailer. Connection between it and Assassins Creed III.
- New Vita bundle includes Assassins Creed III: Liberation and a white PlayStation Vita.
- New PlayStation 3 bundle includes PlayStation 3 and Assassins Creed III.
- 4 Player Co-op announced for FarCry 3. Demoed live. Exclusive DLC for PlayStation 3 version.
- Physical book called Wonderbook uses augmented reality with PlayStation Eye. Book of Spells is a collaboration with J.K Rowling. Demo shown.
- PlayStation Suite renamed PlayStation Mobile.
- God of War: Ascension gameplay shown. Coming March 12th 2013.
- Gameplay shown for The Last of Us by Naughty Dog
Watch the entire Press Conference below.
- Just Dance 4 is quickly revealed with a live performance by Flo Rida.
- A new Far Cry 3 trailer and gameplay video is shown with a very raunchy start.
- A new trailer for the recently announced Splinter Cell: Blacklist is shown.
- A trailer was shown for Avengers: Battle for Earth. Coming to Kinect and Wii U.
- A live demo for Rayman Legends running on the Wii U is shown. They are playing with a Wii U GamePad and a Wii U Pro Controller in conjunction.
- Wii U exclusive launch game from Ubisoft revealed titled ZombiU.
- Quick Software reel for the Wii U was shown, games included Rabbids Lands, Sports Connection and Just Dance 4.
- A lengthy Assassins Creed III live gameplay video was shown, as well as two trailers.
- A showcase for past games was shown including Trials Evolution, The Settlers Online and Ghost Recon Online.
- CEO of Ubisoft, Yves Guillemot comes on stage to reveal a new IP. A strange teaser was shown for a surveillance game titled Watch Dogs. Live gameplay footage was then shown.
You can watch the entire Press Conference below.
- Dead Space 3 was officially revealed and a trailer was shown. Footage of live co-op gameplay was shown.
- Some information about the upcoming Madden 13’ was revealed and footage was shown.
- SimCity Social announced for Facebook, a trailer is shown.
- A Gameplay trailer is shown for the upcoming SimCity and it will include multiplayer elements. Coming February 2013.
- Battlefield Premium revealed. Includes expansion packs, maps and more. Available right now for $49.99US.
- Information about the future of The Old Republic is discussed. Players can enjoy the game up to level 15 for free.
- Gameplay is shown for the upcoming Medal of Honor Warfighter. Coming 23rd October.
- The recently announced FIFA 13’ is discussed. EA Sports Football Club is talked about.
- EA’s partnership with UFC was talked about, but no game was announced.
- A trailer is shown for Need for Speed Most Wanted as well as live gameplay footage. Coming October 30.
- Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli talks about Crysis 3 and the latest CryEngine. Live gameplay is shown for Crysis 3. Coming February 2013 to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
Watch the entire conference below.
- Halo 4 was the initial focus and after a short trailer, a live gameplay demo was shown. A final trailer was shown before the Halo 4 logo appeared on screen.
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist was revealed and a gameplay demo was shown. Coming Spring 2013.
- Better With Kinect introduced for Madden 13' and FIFA 13'. Voice controls seem to work very well.
- Fable: The Journey trailer shown. Vague release date of Holiday 2012.
- New Gears of War trailer shown. Vague release date of 2013.
- Forza Horizon trailer shown. Release date of October 23rd.
- Kinect control shown for Video services, mostly North American focused. Xbox Music announced.
- Nike+ Kinect Training announced. Fitness software that utilises the Kinect.
- Xbox SmartGlass system announced. Combines tablets, smartphones and Xbox console to work together to allow for a more immersive experience of Movies, TV shows and Games. Also, Internet Explorer revealed for Xbox 360.
- Tomb Raider live gameplay demo shown. DLC will be timed exclusive for Xbox 360.
- Software showcase. Ascend: New Gods announced, coming 2013. Two titles, 'Loco Cycle' and 'Matter' teased.
- Capcom shows a live gameplay demo for Resident Evil 6. Shaping up to be a great addition to the franchise.
- Xbox-Live game Wreckateer shown. First-Person Angry Birds-like game.
- South Park: The Stick of Truth trailer shown.
- Dance Central 3 trailer shown. Guest-star Usher performs live on stage.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II Trailer and lengthy gameplay shown to close out the show.
Watch the entire Press Conference below.
Alongside this announcement, Nintendo also revealed a new controller named the ‘Wii U Pro Controller.’ This controller is said to offer a more classic take on video game control, and looks quite unique and practical at the same time.
Lastly, Nintendo discussed a little bit about its upcoming network system, which will include a system titled ‘Miiverse.’ This will work a social connection device where players can interact with friends and others around the world and will show players who are playing certain games. For example, an icon will appear representing a certain game. Crowded around that icon will be all the Mii’s from players who are playing that game at that time. You can then chat with those people and discuss the game in general, or ask for help if you are stuck in a certain area. Also, when you chat with other people, you can use the Wii U GamePad’s touchscreen to type, or you can even use the screen to draw an image, much like the 3DS’s SwapNote application.
You can watch the entire broadcast below.
Source: Nintendo of Japan
The DLC will release on Xbox 360 this year and will cost 1600 Microsoft points. The add-on will be exclusive to Xbox 360 for 30 days, and then will be available for PlayStation 3 and PC after that time.
Final Fantasy Versus XIII first appeared in 2006 and since then not much information has been revealed, more specifically in the past couple of years. This video suggests that Final Fantasy XIII Versus has now been renamed Final Fantasy VX and will be coming to PlayStation 3 and Wii U. This is exciting news, if its true, because a main-line Final Fantasy game hasn’t appeared on a Nintendo console since Final Fantasy VI, which was released in 1994, 18 years ago. The important thing to note is that Final Fantasy Versus XIII was said to be a more action-RPG oriented game and if it’s released as Final Fantasy XV it would change the more traditional turn-based style of what the series has been known for. Regardless, all will be known next week during E3.